The responsibilities of the Administrative Bodies of PEN GREECE are stated in the articles of association, which are posted on the website of the association: https://pen-greece.org/en/constitution/
However, as these are the first appointments of the association, you may read below more about the responsibilities of the members of the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee and the Disciplinary Board, according to the experience of the Interim Board.
It is clarified that the responsibilities of each role are indicative and it is not necessary to be adopted by the elected administration with the specific distribution. But the responsibilities as a whole are necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the association.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
7 + 2 Substitute Members
THE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- networkes and communicates in meetings either online or live with natural or legal persons, bodies, organizations, unions, etc.
- travels abroad representing PEN GREECE whenever needed.
- networkes and communicates with the Presidents of the other PEN CENTERS and informs the Board of PEN GREECE for the talks and the course of the meetings.
- seeks programs and opportunities for funding and sponsorships, and, in collaboration with the Vice President and the Secretary, develops specific thematic plans to find funding for the benefit of the association.
- contributes to the extroversion of the association, in the communication and the promotion of the image and the actions of the association, writing at regular intervals an article with the news of PEN GREECE on the website pen-greece.org (Editorial).
- represents PEN GREECE in the media (television, radio, print and digital press, etc.) and if it fails, the Vice President takes over.
THE VISE- PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- when requested by the President or the President is not available, networkes, communicates, represents, represents PEN GREECE (meetings, presentations, interviews, conferences, communication and promotion activities, etc., live or digitally).
- is responsible for the smooth implementation of the approved actions and / or programs: coordinates the implementation of the actions, contributes to the provision and optimization of synergies, cooperates with the respective managers of the actions, systematically monitors the progress of the actions, participates in the preparation of reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis, participates in the evaluation of individual actions, contributes to the conduct of surveys to assess the needs for the implementation of programs and actions, keeps a file with updated data on the full history of implemented actions, maintains, and enriches the central file of PEN GREECE (central file of contacts, mapping of bodies / organizations, surveys, reports, reports of actions, evaluations, etc.) – in collaboration with the Secretary and the Treasurer.
- participates in the organization and creation of presentations aiming at the extroversion and the promotion of PEN GREECE, its program and actions.
- supports the broad communication activities of PEN GREECE, communicates with organizations for the promotion of the association and its work, oversees the overall communication with all media, print and digital, traditional and non-traditional, in collaboration with the Secretary.
THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- maintains and handles correspondence with PEN INTERNATIONAL, and informs the Board. for what he considers important.
- monitors online discussions of the committees of PEN International, and informs about them the Board.
- prepares press releases, articles, and other announcements for the actions and programs of PEN GREECE, and after the approval by the Board, forwards them to Member 1 of the Board( responsible for the digital presence) and forwards those to the media.
- translates important press releases and updates of PEN International into Greek, and after the approval of the Board. takes care of their publication – in collaboration with Member 1 of the Board.
- networks with domestic and international media, maintains contacts with journalists, organizes interviews and / or other communication activities for the President or the Vice President.
- communicates, informs and welcomes new members of PEN GREECE. Receives the CV and their necessary data (Greek & English) and sends them to Member 1 of the Board for their publication on the website of PEN GREECE.
- keeps the minutes of the PEN GREECE meetings, and translates them into English, keeping the record for PEN International.
- prepares and edits the reports to PEN International, at regular intervals, for the actions and programs of PEN GREECE, and as long as they are approved by the Board. promotes them to PEN International.
Collaborates with the President and Vice-President to write sponsorship and funding applications, develop specific thematic sponsorship projects, attract new sponsors, develop a new action agenda, liaise with agencies and organizations, coordinate and execute actions and programs, the design and elaboration of a comprehensive communication plan, promotion and dissemination of PEN GREECE, in Greece and abroad.
THE TREASURER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- has access the bank account of the association, to which both the President and the Vice President have access.
- cooperates closely and is in constant contact with the accounting office of PEN GREECE.
- communicates with the candidate members of PEN GREECE and provides the necessary clarifications regarding the payment of their registration (if it has their details from MEMBERS 2 & 3 (responsible for inviting new members for registration).
- issues receipts for membership fees, sends them to members and to the accounting office.
- in collaboration with the Legal Advisor of PEN GREECE, draws up the project contracts for the different activities and needs of the association (approved actions, programs, etc.), draws up the payment decisions and proceeds to the payment of those responsible for the respective project,subject that hey have been approved by the Board.
- in collaboration with the accounting office carries out the coordination, communication and control of the documents and invoices of the contractors of the projects.
- makes payments of obligations (travel, promotions, payments of project / service contracts, etc.) and sends the invoices to the accounting office.
- keeps an updated and updated excel file where the income and expenses of PEN GREECE are recorded, so that it has the overall picture of the PEN GREECE financial status.
- compiles and promotes to the Board. monthly report with the accounting statement of PEN GREECE.
- collaborates with the President, the Vice President and the Secretary to write applications for sponsorship and funding, develop specific thematic sponsorship projects and attract new sponsors.
MEMBER 1 OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- manages the website, social media and newsletter (mailchimp) of PEN GREECE.
- has access to and updates the website pen-greece.org (indicative: member CVs, news, updates, etc.), with the files sent to him by the Secretary.
- collaborates with the Treasurer, implements advertising campaigns on social media subject that they have been approved by the Board.
- communicates and cooperates with the technical support partner company of PEN GREECE.
- in collaboration with the Secretary, maintains, enriches and updates the file with the contacts of PEN GREECE, aiming at the greatest possible dissemination of the actions and programs of the association.
- in collaboration with the Secretary, if requested and if it is possible for him/her, writes, edits and publishes the respective content (including press releases, articles, newsletters, announcements, etc.) on the different communication channels of PEN GREECE (social media, newsletter, website).
MEMBER 1 & 2 OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- are the Ambassadors of PEN GREECE.
- communicate and attract prospective members of PEN GREECE.
- initiates discussions about PEN GREECE at whatever cultural events they find, as they see fit.
- provide to anyone who is asking specialized information regarding the association, the History of PEN International and the international network of PEN Centers, the statutory objectives, the actions and the programs of PEN GREECE.
- circulate information for the benefit of the association.
- promote the image of the association, its actions and programs in every possible direction.
- monitor what is happening – domestic and international – in the wider field of literature and freedom of expression, and inform the Board. (eg residencies, awards, innovative actions, current issues).
- assist, if requested by the Board (and if they can) for the smooth operation of PEN GREECE (indicative: press releases, requests for sponsorship and funding, development of topics, attracting new sponsors, development of proposals, planning and execution of actions and programs, etc.)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
3 + 2 Substitute Members
The Audit Committee may at any time request information on the financial management of the association from the Treasurer and compile and submit to the general meeting its conclusion.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DISCIPLINARY BOARD
5 + 3 Substitute Members
The Disciplinary Board assumes cases of its competence, following a relevant decision of the Board.